Monday, August 20, 2012

The Colonel.


Size: L
Jimmy got this for free at NYCC from the nice people at redbubble.com. He knew I liked shirts so he gave it to me. I like my friends. I also like shirts. :)



This shirt was the winner of Redbubble's 2011 NYCC Design Challenge! According to the story behind the shirt, the famous story of Koko the Gorilla was actually just a cover/smokescreen for a "far more sinister" project involving another gorilla. One look at the shirt and you can guess that this secret project wasn't anything the average person would want to know about. You and I, on the other hand...

This is a great shirt, but I have two tiny comments about the design: 1) the placement of the dismembered head front and center is a bit odd, and because of the perspective it almost becomes the center of the shirt, taking attention away from what should be the main subject (and it's not easy to take attention away from an armored, giant gorilla holding an enormous space-gun) - honestly, the first couple times I glanced at this shirt I really had no idea what I was looking at; 2) the red and green, especially together with the silver and gold, feels a bit "holiday".

No comments: