Sunday, April 05, 2009

FETES Showcase 2008 / Sapporo.



Size: M
Where: Far East to East Showcase 2008, Knitting Factory.



Why: The cute shirt vendor basically sweet-talked me into it. I also "won" this flashing necklace thing that I haven't had the nerve to wear out anywhere in public yet.



Comment: The Showcase was put on by local promoters Karaterice in conjunction with New York Anime Festival. I was there mostly to see the Notorious MSG (and because I like events in general), but the show was completely stolen by Japanese visual kei sensations quaff.

Amusingly enough, I (and most of the audience, I think) just assumed that the show was over after the MSG set. I finished my beer, took off, and was halfway home when I got a text from Jimmy and Hoche telling me that more bands were going up! Had I not been on my feet for the Anime Festival for the last two days, I think I totally would have turned right around and went to see the rest of the show. Oh well, next time.

No comments: