Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mystery shirt (2).


Size: M
Where: Evidently, it originated from an Abercrombie store somewhere.



Why: Nobody will ever know.

Comment: Are we bored with Mystery Shirt Week yet?

Unlike yesterday's shirt, this one actually is in bad enough shape to make me think that maybe I did pick it out of the laundry room trash (ha ha, not really). It's all stretched out and thin and has a bunch of tiny, ratty holes in it. So the question is not so much where did I get it, but why do I keep it?

Nothing to do with this shirt, but there's an Abercrombie store near my work that last summer took down all their signage and shuttered all their windows...yet the store was clearly still in operation, almost visible waves of cologne and air conditioning pulsing down the street whenever the door opened and shut, people going in and out and buying their short shirts and skinny jeans and...geez, what else do they sell there, lanyard ankle bracelets? I still don't know what the deal with that is, and last time I walked by (shortly before Christmas) all the signs were still down, windows still shuttered, business as brisk as ever.

Now there's a mystery.

No comments: