Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mystery shirt (1).


Size: S?
Where: Not a clue.



Why: No idea.

Comment: A couple weeks ago I posted about this shirt, which I had no idea from where I got it. And that got me thinking, you know, for all the shirts that I have, I'm sure there are at least a couple whose origins are a complete mystery to me, that have no stories attached to them (at least, none that I can remember). And so, after a fun afternoon digging deep in the back of my closet, I present to you: Mystery Shirt Week!

(it's actually just going to be a few days. as much as I'd imagined that there'd be a ton "mystery shirts", there only wound up being like three or four of them.)

So first up we have this grey long-sleeved number. I really do wonder where it came from. Did someone give it to me? Did someone leave it at my house? Looking at it and feeling it, you can tell that it's not new (unless it was purposely made with that faux-vintagey, "refugee shirt"-type feel). The shirt itself offers few clues: the label simply reads "anr" (is that a brand?), and is size S, which I'm pretty sure I'd never, ever buy for myself (much less so far back enough in time that I wouldn't remember getting it). I find the two-toned sleeves interesting, as it's sort of a one-stop for that long-sleeve-shirt-under-short-sleeve-shirt-over-long-sleeve-shirt look.

The shirt is also very soft and feels a little thin, but again it could be just because (I'm guessing) it's so old.

So...where could this shirt have possibly come from? Anyone care to speculate?

No comments: