Saturday, April 04, 2009

LAIFF '99.


Size: XL
Where: Los Angeles Independent Film Festival, 1999.



Why: I actually got this shirt free for volunteering at the festival.

Comment: I also got a free pair of pants, which I actually still wore regularly until maybe 3 years ago, despite having lost a button.



This shirt (and those halcyon days before the weight of the world crushed me) is now literally ten years old. Yikes. It (and I, come to that) has definitely seen better days.

I believe the festival is still around, though last I heard it's turned into a professionals-only event for buyers and distributors. Sad, but I guess LA isn't really a great indie-film town anyway - anyone with serious interest in the industry would be working in the industry.

[I miss you, Kim. I guess I never really knew you that well - maybe nobody did - but I think about you, and I do miss you.]

No comments: