Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Duncan Sheik - Drip.


Size: M
Where: duncansheik.com



Why: Received as a "thank you" for some work I did for the Duncan Sheik message board.

Comment: Though I chose this shirt because I liked the color and thought the design was cute, what I did not notice until after it was sent to me was that this shirt was "distressed", the poor victim of some sort of faux "vintaging".

The end result is what Douglas Coupland once referred to as a "refugee shirt" - thin to the point of sheer, soft to the point of fragile, gaping neck, and just look at what they did to the cuffs and hem.


Left sleeve.


Right sleeve.


Hem.

Not to look a gift-shirt in the mouth (gaping neck hole?), but I really hate this thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am like cracking up reading this. I never wore mine after having actually purchasing the "Earthbound Starlight lyrics" tee (same shirt, different logo) and a hole appeared in the back after washing it, making it unwearable. I spent $20 on that crap. Duncan, I love you, but COME ON! ::sigh:: Thank goodness this one was free. Mine is still sitting somewhere in a crumpled ball.