Thursday, May 20, 2010

Red Bulls - Blue


Size: L
Where: RBNY



Why: They just randomly passed these out at one of the matches last year.

Comment: I believe it was the last home game of the regular season (no playoffs for us - we truly, madly, deeply SUCKED last year), and I want to say it was against Toronto FC, but I'd have to check the archives for that one and get back to you.

But yeah, here we have another free RBNY shirt. The skewed logo is an interesting talking point - why? What does it mean? What does it tell us? Nothing. Moving on.

Again with the faux-vintaging. Though, now that the "new" logo is over a year old, might it make sense this time? It certainly didn't make much sense last time. (Though personally, not being a fan of fake-vintage shirts, I would argue that it doesn't ever make sense.)

(And speaking of that shirt, guess what? They sent us four of those exact ones again with our ticket package this year! Now I have two. I guess we all do. Cheap! At least the team is playing a thousand times better this year so far, and the new stadium is pretty sweet.)

(I'm just rambling now. I'm tired.)

I remember it was raining pretty hard that night, and at one point on the way back to the car I dropped the shirt in a pretty oily puddle. Hmm, maybe that's not faux-vintaging after all.... :s

No comments: