Thursday, May 27, 2010

Soundwave.


Size: M
Where: teejmart (now defunct)



Why: I originally found this seller on eBay when I was looking for a Patlabor shirt (which I will post on here as soon as I can find it in my closet). They had some nice stuff on eBay, but an even greater selection (and, somewhat mysteriously, better shipping rates) at their own website.

I'm pretty sure this is not an originally-drawn design, and I would also guessed that it's unlicensed, but the store is no longer around so I guess it doesn't matter.

This Soundwave image I'm guessing is from some kind of Transformers G1 fight sequence, but decontextualized here it looks like he's breakdancing. Awesome.

Soundwave was always everyone's favorite Transformer growing up, in my experience, and among the most highly coveted in any neighborhood kid's toy collection.

No comments: