Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mosquitoes.


Size: M
Where: Hugo Boss, via Macy's, via John and Sunny.



Why: It was a Christmas gift.

Comment: Spring is in full swing here in NYC, and in an attempt to appease the mosquito god(s), I'm posting this shirt and hoping it's enough for him to ask his minions to leave me alone this year (too late).

The shirt is very thin, almost sheer, and requires a plain white T to be worn under it (which can be a bit awkward, with this shirt's large neck hole) if leaving the house.

For some reason, the first dozen or so times I looked at this shirt I thought they were ants. I may have been too grossed out to look too closely.



Nope. Mosquitoes.

I haven't tried it yet specifically, but I wonder if this is one of those mosquito-repellent shirts? I don't know how they work - I suspect they're just dipped in chemicals, or something? Could that be safe? Could that work? I've tried some of those soaps that are supposed to be mosquito-repellent, and I can tell you that they do not work.

Not for me, at least. I fear I am just one of those highly-susceptible people. Seriously. About 85% people are susceptible, but there is something like 10% that mosquitoes just go right for, right away, for whatever mysterious body-chemical reason. In summertime I sleep with the windows cracked not even wide enough to slip a credit card through, and with screens, and I wake up covered in bites, usually at 3 AM, from all the buzzing in my ear. And seriously, I get bit in the weirdest places. My knuckles. The soles of my feet. My elbows. Who the hell gets mosquito bites on their elbows?

Anyway, here's a shirt with lots of mosquitoes on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mike. Great collection! Any interest in selling the Mosquito shirt?