Friday, June 04, 2010

FF. Nicholas Rossomando


Size: M
Where: The Nicholas Rossomando 9/11 Memorial Scholarship Fund



Why: I'm raising money for the Fund so that I can run in the marathon!



Comment: Nicholas Rossomando was a firefighter from Staten Island who lost his life in the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks. The Scholarship Fund was set up in his memory and awards college scholarships to Staten Island high school students who face or have overcome adversity.



And yes, I am running in the NYC marathon this year, for the first time ever! That is, I want to. In order to be let in, I need to raise a minimum of $2500 (half of which needs to be in before September). Can you help me? Please?

If you have PayPal, please go to http://www.nicks911collegefund.org/sponsor_runner.html and submit your donation directly from there (PLEASE remember to put "Mike Cho" in the box for "Name of runner you are sponsoring").

Please spread the news to as many people you know who you think might be interested in sponsoring. It would mean so much to me, more than I'd probably be willing to let anyone really know, to be able to run in the marathon this year, and this is only step one.

No comments: