Saturday, June 19, 2010

Patlabor.


Size: M
Where: teejmart



Why: I love love love Patlabor.

Comment: Patlabor's great and it certainly has it's following, but it's nowhere near as famous as some other, more merchandise-heavy shows, like Macross, or Evangelion, or Bebop. In fact, the only Patlabor shirt I was ever able to find before this one was an officially licensed affair that was pretty much a big cast shot (I didn't buy it - it was like $40 anyway). That's why I jumped at this shirt when I finally found it (and glad that I did, as the store no longer appears to be around).

The very subtle background "bolt" graphic is even more subtle in real life - I'm not sure I've even ever noticed them until I took these pictures.

I don't have any tattoos and don't have any actual plans as of yet to get one, but I've already decided that if I do, it will be of the Patlabor/Headgear logo (without the text), which is more or less a cleaner, black and white line-art version of the image on this shirt. I wish I could find a good, big image online that I could link to, but for some reason it's proven impossible to find. I suppose were it easier to find, I might even have that tattoo by now. :p

No comments: