Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Office.


Size: M
Where: teejmart (now defunct)



Why: I love The Office, and enjoyed this clever manga-style treatment of the four principal characters.

Comment: It's always fun watching people try to "figure out" the shirt. Everyone gets it, eventually (everyone who watches the show, anyway), but the interesting thing is that not only does everyone always identify a different character first (and the rest just cascade in from there), everyone will always choose one character as the one who "doesn't look a thing like him/her."

For me, the first character I identified was Pam, and I think that Michael "doesn't look a thing like him." But, someone (it may have been my brother) had the exact opposite impression: that Michael was the first one they identified, and Pam "doesn't look a thing like her." It's like some weird manga-ized rorschach, or something.

As I mentioned in talking about a past teejmart shirt, I'm fairly certain that this is not an original design, nor is it officially licensed. I would love to know where this image originally comes from. Is this from an ad? Or did someone (a fan, perhaps) actually draw a manga Office strip that's just floating around out there, somewhere? If you know, please share.

No comments: