Monday, March 30, 2009

Felix.


Size: L
Where: eBay seller

Why: I've been kind of going through a Felix the Cat obsession the last few months. I'm dealing with it.

Comment: Just to dispel any notion that I've stopped buying new shirts since starting this blog (which I never said I'd do -- that smell is YOU! :p), I'm gonna be posting some new ones from time to time.

So I've been dying for a Felix shirt, but wasn't satisfied with any of the designs that were on the 'Bay. Then this one popped up from a seller in Britain.

Upon arrival, I knew immediately that this wasn't exactly the Felix shirt of my dreams. The design is great, but I saw that it was of the poorest-quality iron-on type, which I KNEW would warp and crack after the very first wash. I was right.


Before first wash.


After first wash.

Another annoyance was the fact that the seller stressed continuously that these shirts ran a size small, and insisted that anyone would HAVE TO order a size up, otherwise they'd never fit. Because of this I ordered it in L. I got the shirt a week or two later, tried it on, and saw immediately that it fit like an L. I'm wearing it now after a couple washes and it still fits like an L.

File this one under "t-shirt fail" (as the kids these days say). I really would like to get this design properly silkscreened onto a shirt that actually fits, though. Someday.

No comments: