Sunday, March 29, 2009

International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame.


Size: L
Where: International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame.



Why: I loved the color scheme and the retro boomerang/asterisk/diamond graphics.

Comment: I talked a little bit about my trip to St. Louis here. In short, I'm sure that St. Louis has lots of cool, fun, interesting things to do and see. I just didn't happen to do or see any of them, or didn't even know where they were. Other than the International Bowling Museum, which I loved. Someday I will get around to putting up the photos and videos I took there on my flickr, or whatever.

As much as I love this shirt and its graphics, I have a few minor quibbles:

* What is with the two balls and one pin? Shouldn't it be one ball and two (or more) pins? Is it meant to look phallic? Because it's just kind of weird.

* The placement of the words bothers me a little. It looks like it's talking about a museum of international bowling, rather than an international museum of bowling. Sometimes I look at this shirt and ask myself, "What's 'international bowling'?"

The shirt does not advertise that the same building is also home to (and accessible with the same ticket for) the St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame, which frankly smacked slightly of "stuff the real Baseball Hall of Fame didn't really care about" (the cute little red Corvette that Mark McGwire won after he broke the home run record, etc.)

No comments: