Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Real Men Read.


Size: L
Where: work conference in St. Louis, 2005(?)



Why: I loved the Ed Gorey art, and felt that it had a valuable message. You know, that real men read.

Comment: I can't speak for it now, but man downtown St. Louis was depressing back in 2005(?). Of course, I found out right after I got back that TWO of my friends were FROM there, and could have told me where all the interesting stuff to look at was. The most interesting thing that I saw outside of the Arch was the International Bowling Museum, but I'll save that story for another post.

Of course, downtown St. Louis (especially on a weekend) is apparently as representative of St. Louis "actual" as downtown L.A. (pre-Staples Center) represents the whole L.A. "thing".

Plus, I was there for work. With my boss. St. Louis + work + the boss. Any two out of the three, and I probably could have been able to deal. All three, no way.

Most of the other people at the conference were veterans, who came every year, year after year. My particular office is on this weird system where people take turns, and with the size of the staff that makes it about a 12-year rotation. Meaning, I won't be going again soon. I think I like this system.

No comments: