Friday, March 20, 2009

KXLU 89.9 FM.



Size: XL
Where: KXLU fundraiser



Why: KXLU saved my life. I can say that without the slightest exaggeration.

Comment: KXLU was the best radio station ever. It may still be, I don't know. I haven't listened to it in ten years.



Yes, I know it's probably online, I'd be shocked if it wasn't, but...I remember laying in bed awake at 3 AM, unable to sleep, reaching over and turning on the radio and just hearing that one song, that one perfect song, and needing to know who it was and where I could get it, counting songs until finally getting to the DJ break, maybe even an hour or longer, and working backwards through the list until you finally had the information you needed, finally being able to turn off the noise, fall back into bed, into sleep.

Now, you can just look up playlists online anytime you want. It's all just so easy now, and I don't know why that makes me sad, but it does.

No comments: